About Me

My photo
My names Taylyn and I'm a crazy sweetheart!

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Montgomery Gentry Rodeo

So lastnight I went to the SRC Arena at OCC with Anthony and June to see the Professional Bullriders of America and the Mongomery Gentry concert. It was amazingggggg! The rodeo was nothing like the one that I went to in Arizona but I mean hey, it's New York so you can never really expect anything to live up to anything in Arizona. Out of thirty two riders less than half of them qualified by staying on the bucking bull for more than eight seconds. But whatevs. It wasn't until Jerry said 'when the buzzer goes off at eight seconds they can get off" that I connected that and Jake Owen's song, Eight Second Ride, together. Anyways, instead of trying to see over everyone else to look at guys staying on bulls for a whole .2 seconds, I played peek-a-boo with a little mexican girl in front of me. She was the cutest thing i have ever seen! ...until she began to pick her nose and eat it. Gross. There were tons of cowboys and cowgirls dressed up in boots, plaid shirts and belts. So many people looked the part, including me. But after the "rodeo" was over, the real fun began.




Montgomery Gentry <3


They were so good! After the rodeo was over they took down the fence from the bulls and rolled the dirt so that we were able to stand right up to the stage. It was crazy! As soon as everyone realized that we could go up and the first row was open to first come first serve, it turned into a zoo. Even though we didn't sprint, we still ended up in the seventh row back and the view was great. They sound exactly like they do on the radio. The crowd wasn't a huge mosh pit or anything but of course we had to be standing next to a group of seven guys who weren't of the legal drinking age so were passing around Mountain Dew bottles filled with beer and acting like complete assholes. Plus they wouldn't stop begging these two girls in front of us to get on their shoulders so at one point i said 'how about you leave the poor girls alone and get on each others shoulders', not actually thinking they would...and well...I was wrong. So then my great view was blocked by drunk idiots until the one guy fell off. However the concert was worth it. I guess it's true, they truely do save the best for last.


No comments:

Post a Comment